January 22nd, 2020
A lot of our patients, (especially you parents!) come to Explore Orthodontics convinced that traditional braces are the only answer to straight teeth. We are proud to offer Damon Smile in our Slidell, Louisiana office, which can give you better results in less time than traditional orthodontic treatment! Damon Smile braces also allow your teeth to move more comfortably and easily than traditional braces. With Damon Smile, achieving that perfect smile will be faster and easier than you ever thought possible.
Some questions we will go over at your initial consultation include:
Are you right for Damon Smile?
Our team at Explore Orthodontics will evaluate your eligibility for treatment with Damon Smile, and the procedure can be performed for kids and adults alike!
What makes Damon braces better?
Probably the biggest advantage of Damon braces over traditional brackets is the amount of time and effort involved. We can often cut months off of the total treatment time for patients using Damon Smile, and less visits to our office are necessary to make adjustments.
In addition, the Damon Smile brackets are cleaner and do not use the elastic traditional brackets do. They are also less prone to plaque buildup. In addition, Damon braces are smaller and have fewer parts than traditional brackets, making them less noticeable and more comfortable. With Damon Smile, you will not experience any tightening, unlike with traditional braces. Kay Daniel can position your teeth and avoid frequent adjustments, which also reduces the need for complicated tooth extractions or surgery.
If you have been thinking about obtaining a dazzling smile, please give us a call at Explore Orthodontics for an initial consultation to see if Damon Smile is right for you!
January 15th, 2020
You have several options for orthodontic treatments that effectively straighten teeth. Damon™ Smile braces are a good option for patients who desire a method that is quick, convenient, and discreet.
Many patients want to avoid traditional braces that can cause pressure and uncomfortable pain. Traditional braces have wires and brackets that extend throughout the mouth, which gradually move teeth into their proper position with some pressure. They also use ties that connect wires to the teeth.
Damon Smile technology is different because it helps to guide teeth gently into place by reducing the amount of force. When you can wear braces in comfort, the process becomes much less intimidating.
The Benefits of Damon Smile Braces
- Faster results. Damon braces don’t contain metal or plastic ties, so there’s no need to tighten the wire on them. Damon Smile also has a unique system that allows for self-ligating. This system has a specialized clip with a “door” in place of the elastics in traditional braces.
- Fewer appointments. Lightweight, shape-memory wires allow teeth the freedom to move faster, without the need for as many adjustments.
- Comfort. Damon Smile realigns teeth and enhances facial appearance without extracting any teeth or using rapid palatal expanders. The slide mechanism facilitates more comfortable repositioning of your teeth.
- Better oral health. Damon braces are easier to clean because they don’t have ties attached where food particles commonly get stuck.
- Helps with facial balance. These braces can help achieve a wider smile, improves facial profiles, and help to decrease dark triangles that appear in the corners of the mouth.
If you’re considering a braces treatment for yourself or your child, ask Kay Daniel about the Damon Smile system and how this orthodontic method can achieve the results you’re looking for. There are an array benefits to appreciate when you compare the Damon method to traditional braces.
Feel free to contact our Slidell, Louisiana office if you have questions regarding orthodontic treatment for a more beautiful smile.
January 8th, 2020
After you complete your orthodontic treatment at our Slidell, Louisiana office and have your Damon Smile braces removed, you will most likely be given a retainer to wear by Kay Daniel. Retainers will help protect all of the time and money that you’ve invested into your newly aligned teeth, by keeping them in place for many years to come. You will have the self-confidence to smile proudly and know that you have had the best possible treatment.
Many orthodontists prefer to place a permanent bonded retainer behind your front teeth, either on the top or bottom or sometimes both. These are preferred due to the fact that they can be placed on your teeth and forgot about. There is no need to keep track of it, or worry about losing or cleaning it. They are the simplest to deal with long term, and they last can last for many years.
Many people do prefer removable retainers but there is a bit more maintenance that you need to be aware of if you choose to go this route.
- You must remove your retainer while you eat and drink.
- You must remember to wear as your orthodontist advised; most patients wear them all night.
- Remove when brushing your teeth and also brush the retainer.
- Retainers can break, so be careful with them.
In order to know what is the best method of caring for your smile after your Damon Smile braces are removed you should speak to Kay Daniel. You definitely want to protect your investment and smile!
January 1st, 2020
Watching the clock tick down the final seconds until midnight, many of us- Explore Orthodontics included- feel nostalgic about the passing year and hopeful about the new one to come. New Year’s Eve is one of the most widely celebrated holidays in the world, with over-the-top celebrations taking place in dozens of countries. The Gregorian calendar, which is widely used in Western nations and around the world, was implemented in 1582. Since that time, December 31st has marked the final day of the year, with midnight heralding the beginning of a brand new year. In the United States, New Year’s Day is a public holiday; government offices, schools, public organizations, and many businesses are closed for the day. Ponder the following fun facts as you think about your plans for the holiday:
- Approximately one billion people watch the New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square, New York City. This televised event is one of the most iconic New Year’s celebrations in the world. For many years, watching the ball drop meant tuning in to Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve, an iconic television special dear to the hearts of many viewers.
- The idea for the New Year’s Eve ball came about because of a citywide ban on fireworks. Before 1907, when fireworks became illegal in New York City, celebrations included an elaborate fireworks show. The large, glittering, illuminated ball was developed as an alternative. Although the first ball was heavy at 700 pounds, the modern New Year’s Eve ball is made of Waterford crystal and tips the scale at six tons!
- The top five New Year’s resolutions are: to lose weight, quit smoking, get a new job, return to school, or increase personal savings. However, approximately 88% of New Year’s resolutions fail. But don’t let that discourage you! Resolutions are most likely to succeed when they are clear, achievable goals. Setting out a concrete plan to achieve your resolution also boosts your chances of success.
- Eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is said to bring good fortune in the new year. Collard greens, cabbage, and ham hocks are also considered lucky foods to enjoy. Just steer clear of the chicken or turkey dinners; eating poultry is a bad omen for the year to come.
Whether you plan to stay in Slidell, Louisiana, or head out into the crowds to watch the ball drop in Times Square, New Year’s Eve is a time to enjoy friends and family. Send your loved ones well wishes for the New Year, and look for that special someone to share a midnight kiss with for good luck!