Dr. Kay D. Daniel not only has a passion for her chosen field, it’s in her blood! She is the daughter of pediatric dentist, Dr. Edward Donaldson, and her sister, Dr. Jill Donaldson, is also a pediatric dentist. Dr. Kay has been in practice since 1998 and has orthodontic experience with thousands of beautiful smiles.
Dr. Kay grew up in St. Tammany Parish where she has settled with her husband, Chuck, and two children, Nick and Abbey. Her education has included undergraduate studies at Mississippi State University and continuing her education at LSU Dental School, where she graduated second in her class. She completed her specialized training at the LSU Orthodontic Department in New Orleans, finishing with a 4.0 GPA.
Dr. Daniel is a member of the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Association of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Northlake Dental Association
- Damon Study Club
- East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce
While Dr. Kay’s number-one hobby is teeth, when she is not in the office, she is probably on the golf course. She was a member of the Mississippi State Women’s Golf Team from 1989-1992 and is a current member of the Louisiana Women’s Amateur Golf Association. She won the Louisiana Women's State Amateur in 2005 and she was the Louisiana Women’s Mid-Amateur Champion 2006, 2007, 2009-2018 and was a quarter-finalist in the USGA Women’s Mid-Amateur in 2015. Keep an eye on the sports page for her latest amateur achievements.
Dr. Kay gives back to the community during the holiday season by donating items to Shine Your Light, a charitable organization that assists underprivileged families.
Get to know a little more about Dr. Kay!
What is your superpower of choice?
What is your favorite movie quote?
- “Of course I talk to myself… Sometimes I need an expert opinion.” – Caddyshack
If you were stranded on a tropical island what two things would you want with you?
- Fire starter and fishing gear. Let’s be practical!
What is your favorite season and why?
- Spring – Best golfing weather!
What is your favorite TV show?
What did you want to be when you were little?
- A dentist of course!!
What is your favorite flower?
Which store would you want to win a shopping spree for?
- PGA Superstore!
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite cuisine?
Who is your go-to band or artist?
- Country – George Strait. Much to the dismay of my office manager!
What is your perfect weekend?
- Golf at Pebble Beach
What sound or noise do you love?
- Love crickets
What sound or noise do you hate?
- Hate knuckles cracking
What are three interesting facts about you?
- My parents didn’t teach me to play golf. My grandmother did.
- I am a diehard sports fan: football, basketball, golf, baseball.
- My husband and I and both of our kids play or have played Division 1 college athletics.